- Can be used from 100 to 3500 RPM
- Little if any heat produced during grinding
- Cuts fast with little pressure when grinding
- Wheel stays flat and true and will not change
- Will last many years with proper handling
- Produces no dust since it never needs dressing
- Leaves a fine and even finish on the tools
- Designed for hard steels like high speed steel
CBN Wheels use abrasives made from Cubic Boron Nitride which is second in hardness only to diamonds. The abrasive is electroplated to a solid steel wheel to create a grinding wheel that out performs the traditional aluminum oxide wheels.
CBN Wheels are designed for grinding hardened steels like high speed steel and powder metals. Since they cut so efficiently very little pressure is needed, removing a minimum of steel to get a sharp edge. This means all your tools will last longer.
The 8" CBN Wheels we offer from Woodcut Tools are 1" wide and have with a 5/8" bore. The 8" CBN Wheels are available in 80 and 180 grits. The 80 grit is used for shaping tools and for creating a burr on scrapers. The 180 grit is used to refresh edges on gouges, skews and other tools. We offer a 1" square by 6" cleaning stick for CBN Wheels as an option to clean out the pores of the wheel when needed.
CBN Wheels are used for grinding hardened high speed steels and should not be used on carbide or softer tool steels.