SG Ceramic Grinding Wheels
- Great for sharpening M2 high speed steel tools
- Great for sharpening Powder Metal tools
- 50% mixture of Seeded Gel (SG) Grain Ceramic Abrasive
- "K" Hardness requires less frequent dressing
- Designed to expose fresh edges while cutting
- 3 to 5 times more life than white wheels
- Compatible with the Oneway Balancing System
- Maximum operating speed 3600rpm
Made by Norton in the USA, these wheels were recommended by Jerry Glaser. These wheels are also great for sharpening M2 high speed steel tools. We have never used a grinding wheel that cuts as fast or cool. The secret of these wheels is that they are made using a Seeded Gel (SG) Grain ceramic abrasive that Norton invented. This gives them 3 to 5 times more life than white aluminum oxide wheels. The ceramic SG wheel is self sharpening, constantly exposing new cutting edges. The SG wheels also require less dressing than white wheels and has a K hardness.
We offer them in 80 grit. The SG wheels are available in a 8"x1" size.
The 8" 80 grit Wheels will fit a 5/8",3/4", and 1" shafts.
The 8" 80 grit wheel is compatible with the Oneway Sharpening System