Thumbnail Filmstrip of Turning Pens with Kip & Rex Part 2 - DVD Images
Turning Pens with Kip & Rex Video Two: More Pens, plus Tips and Tricks
Kip Christensen and Rex Burningham are both internationally known woodturners and demonstrators who are also well known for their informative book on Turning Pens and Pencils. Now they are back with comprehenesive and detailed instructional videos on pen turning that cover all you need to know to turn several styles of beautiful pens using wood, plastics, and antler.
In Video Two, More Pens plus Tips and Tricks, Kip and Rex first cover
- Making a European style pen with a Blackwood centerband
- Making the American style Rollerball and Fountain pen
- Techniques for turning plastic and antler
After, they share some tips and tricks including:
- Drying pen blanks
- Cleaning the brass tube
- The "potato trick"
- Drill bits, drilling jigs and tips
- Reaming and barrel trimming
- Repairing defects in wood
- Adding wire burn details
- Using a buffing wheel
- Assembly jigs and tips
- Disassembling a pen
DVD's can be returned only for replacement if defective. Please call before returning DVD's. No returns will be accepted after 90 days.