Jet 1640 Lathe Specs
- Spindle Thread - 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Spindle Through Hole - 5/8" dia.
- Distance Between Centers - 40"
- Swing over Bed - 16-1/2"
- Lathe Construction - Cast Iron
- Tool Rest - 14" cast iron, 1" Post
- Banjo: Cam-Lock, non marring post clamp
- Motor - 1-1/2 hp 110V with Reversing
- EMI Filter to prevent radio interference
- Spindle Speeds- Low 40-1200rpm, High 120-3200
- Digital Speed Read Out - Yes
- Headstock slides and rotates
- Newly designed headstock locking lever
- Headstock Spindle Taper - #2MT
- Tailstock Quill Taper - #2MT
- Tailstock Ram Travel - 4-1/4"
- Spindle Height 44-1/2"
- Spindle lock frees up both hands
- Indexing - Yes, 36 position
- Footprint: 54"L x 20"W
- Dimensions with motor: 73"L x 20"W x 52-1/2"H
- Net Weight - 375lbs
The Jet 1640EVS Lathe represents a great value. Special features include a new headstock that slides and swivels allowing larger diameter turning. The headstock also features a longer nose with dual bearings. The cast iron legs will accept a user made shelf. The 1640EVS has a 1-1/2hp 110V motor with an AC Variable speed Inverter with Reversing. This drive system provides smooth variable speed control with digital read-out on the headstock.
Standard Equipment includes: 14" Tool Rest, 3" Faceplate, Live Center, Knock-out Rod, Spindle and Indexing Locks, Wrench and manual. A guard is available as an option.
This item is shipped from the manufacturer. A $140.00 Heavy Item fee is charged for this item for shipping. Air shipping and international shipping are not available for this item. Ships to 48 contiguous states only.