Sorby Patriot Chuck
The Patriot is a precision 4-Jaw self-centering scroll chuck made in England by Robert Sorby. The chuck uses a single tilt-away wrench that allows even larger workpieces to be tightened easily. The design of the gearing insures smooth jaw travel for the life of the chuck. A wide range of optional jaws are available.
The Patriot Chuck includes 2” (50mm) jaws that feature a smooth dovetail on the inside and outside. The lower section of the inside has serrations for a better grip on larger workpieces. The 2” Jaws will hold:
Grips: 1-9/16” (42mm) to 2-5/16” (67mm) Expands: 2” (50mm) to 3” (76mm)
This chuck features:
- 4" Diameter with enclosed back
- 4-Jaw Self-Centering Scroll Action
- Precision machining for smooth operation
- Single Key tightening with Tilt-Away wrench design for larger work pieces
- Unique Rubber Guard protects the operator
- Gearing make a secure grip easy to achieve
- Includes Screw Center for mounting a work using a single pilot 11/32" hole
- Weight: 4-1/4 pounds
The Patriot Chuck comes standard with a screw center that permits mounting a workpiece easily with an 11/32” diameter pilot hole.
The body of the 33mm Patriot Chuck is threaded directly to fit a 33mm x 3.5 lathe spindle only. This version of the chuck does not use an insert, unlike both the Standard Patriot Chuck and the Compatriot Chuck.